Privacy and Security
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect, store and process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2011.
Information we may hold
- Information that you have provided to us including but not limited to when you:
- purchase products through the Website
- enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which we are promoting
- sign up to marketing/newsletters including by email and SMS
- Information you provide our partners and when you report a problem with the website.
- Information you provide to us when applying through the Website for registration, subscribing to any of our services or requesting further services.
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Information we collect using cookies stored on your device. Please see the section on cookies for more information and how to manage them.
- Your IP address
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access.
- Information provided to us by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you
Information we may request and hold includes but is not limited to the following:
- Your name, age, date of birth, sex
- Billing and delivery postal addresses
- Phone and fax numbers
- Email addresses
- Usernames and passwords
- Payment card details
- Browsing and shopping activities
- Your customer queries
We, or third party data processors who act on our behalf, may use the personal data you provide us with in the following manner:
To provide you with the requested goods and/or services including but not limited to processing and fulfilling your order and administering promotions such as competitions and prize draws.
- To monitor and improve the services and the Website
- To manage your marketing preferences.
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order.
- In the event that you purchase goods on the Urban Knit website, you may be sent an email requesting whether you would like to review your product.
- To verify your identity.
- In certain circumstances in order to process your order and to verify your identity, we may call your provided telephone number you have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information.
- Market research purposes
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements;
- In the detection and prevention of fraud or other crimes.
- To assist with any of your customer queries
- For research, analysis, risk management, legal, accounting, administrative, testing, monitoring and for our business operations.
Unless you have not consented to, we may use your personal data in the following manner:
From time to time, to inform you by post, email, SMS or other available means, of products, services, promotions and special offers from our Buffalo Private Label Ltd.
We may disclose personal data we collect to third parties in the following manner:
- To administer your account and to disclose your details to our third party service providers for the purpose of processing and fulfilment of your order.
- We may pass your personal data to other companies to support our business operations, and or audit purposes.
- We may disclose your personal data where it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
- We may pass on non-personal aggregated information about sales and website usage to reputable organisations for research or analysis purposes only.
- We may pass your information to third parties in order to fulfil and/or despatch your orders. The third party provider may send marketing material within the parcel or by post after fulfilment of your order.
Transferring data internationally
By using and/or shopping on the Website you consent to the transfer of your personal data to third party data processors located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’).
Payment Card details
We process your payment card details in order to complete your purchase that you made through the Website or via mobile applications and may in certain instances disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you.
We may partner with various trusted third party companies to provide goods and services to you. Such goods and services can be accessed through links on the Website to the third party company’s microsite. A microsite is a website which is owned and operated by a third party company but is Buffalo/Urban Knit branded. Please note that these microsites may be governed by their own terms and conditions and privacy policies.
You may opt out from any email marketing by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails.
You may opt out from any SMS marketing by using the suppression codes located on the marketing text messages.
Phishing is a method used by fraudsters to deceive someone into giving sensitive information. Most of the time phishing will take the form of emails, which purport to be from well-known companies and ask recipients to send their private information. This information is then used for identity theft and fraud.
We will only ask you to send personal details by email if it is responding to a query you have sent it online and these details are needed to answer your query properly. In this case, there will be a unique reference number in our email to you, which refers to your original query. We will never ask you to send any personal details by email unless you have contacted us first. If you have not contacted us, please ignore any email claiming to be from us which asks for personal details, and let us know about it.
If we ever requires your personal information other than when you have already contacted us with a query, for security reasons we will ask you to give us a call.
At www.urbanknit.co.uk we take your online security very seriously. Full details of how we protect the information you provide us are given below:
- When you place your order, you are offered the use of an advanced secure server. The secure server software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us.
- As an additional security measure, credit card numbers are encrypted both before an order is processed and when stored on our database.
- For security reasons, we strongly recommend that you do not send credit card numbers by standard email.
Protecting Your Security
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Payment Authentication (3D Secure)
Your security is our highest priority, so we may offer an additional step to give you peace of mind. Verified by Visa (VbV) and MasterCard®, Secure Code (MSC) (often referred to as 3-D Secure or Payment Authentication) acts like a Chip & Pin for your online purchases and protects you by asking for a secret password.
The new step within the payment process allows your card issuer to fully authenticate cardholders during the online purchase, reducing the likelihood of fraudulent usage.
What are Cookies?
You may change your website browser settings to reject cookies. To learn how to disable cookies or opt out of their usage please visit www.aboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that some cookies are essential in order to shop on the Website and in the event you do reject cookies this may impair the functionality of the Website and may mean that you are unable to shop on the Website.
Access to Information
You have the right to ask what personal data is held by us about you. We may charge a fee for this which will not exceed £10.00. You also have the right to have changed any inaccuracies in the details we hold about you. You may exercise your above rights by means of a request in writing to us at E-commerce (Customer Relations), Buffalo Private Label Ltd. 12, Helmet Row, London EC1V 3QJ. or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Ratings and Review
When you submit a rating and review on our Website and/or Facebook we request you provide the following information:
- Your nickname
- Your location (optional)
- Email address (optional – if you do submit your email address we do not publish it, but request it to inform you whether your review has been published or rejected)
We may publish the following details on our Website and on Facebook:
- Your nickname
- Your location if provided
- Your product rating and review
In addition, on the Facebook application you may have the opportunity to post various questions, reviews or other content.
Please note that you can change certain settings on Facebook related to the application through your account and privacy settings on Facebook.